Thursday 16 August 2012

10 PM, July the 26th, The Future

K.

Whatever you say about the registry - at least it's easy to access. A relic, a prototype and a thing to remember. It's still fairly useful though, someone must have done a really good job of organising it and sorting out all the BioBricks. The fun part is that it had reached its peak then fallen down already before the Outbreak and the whole regulatory shenanigans. This had a whole lot of implications but most importantly it has been long forgotten by the system. It has it flaws, the methods behind it are outdated but the data is still there. I've been looking through it since last month and I'm growing increasingly fond of it, kicking it old-school. The fun times when I had been an undergraduate are rather blurry at best but you cannot deny the creativity behind this whole project. Creativity which means piles of junk DNA making my work harder. I've got a hunch that today may be the day. Something to get me started without getting too much attention. Another hour or two with tea and the database and then I’ll call it a day. "Thermobacter-infused tea", seriously, who comes up with that kind of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment