Monday 20 August 2012

7 PM, July the 30th, The Future

K.

Just a few more minutes in the sequencer and I’ll know whether the assembly worked as intended - with the conditions I have in my “lab” you can never be sure about the results. I’m actually growing curious of the possible effect that these BioBricks may have on dehydrogenase. That’s one thing I like about the whole biohack business - you can never be sure of the results and possible combinations are endless, even now when the technology is better than ever. What starts as a side project can become much more, simply by accident.
In my case however, its sole purpose is to cover for the more complicated stuff. I'm pretty sure that security people have a huge file on me but they could just as well throw it out a window. Once they find out you're a harmless biohacker they may keep an eye on you - but who's got enough eyes to watch all the people who try to get some moonshine from bacteria? Thanks to this subproject I'm free to experiment with the good stuff - as long as I'm careful. Feint within a feint within a feint - a complicated life but one that is worth living. And I need all the cover I can get if I want to mess with human stem cells. Genome modifications may be fairly well developed (I've even got a few upgrades myself, after all) but the endless potential for human augmentation using stem cells is just overwhelming. It's hard, it's time consuming and it's risky - but I'd rather go down in flames than sit in the shadow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment