Thursday 2 August 2012

7PM, July the 13th, The Future

K.

Turn left, then right, a quick look behind. The augmented vision keeps recalculating the route - good, it means I'm still keeping the pace. Not the first time this EPO upgrade pays back. I can still remember my first genome modification as if it was yesterday. I had it applied for medical reasons, obviously. Then it became more restricted - and more accessible in...certain circles. First it was some minor adjustments but it soon became...addictive, just like tattoos for some people, you just can't stop.
- Stop right there, punk! You're under arrest for possession of restricted genetic material!
Bloody coppers! I wonder what's the restricted genetic material - the tube I've got in my pocket or just me. Either way I'd rather not have them PCR my ass to jail.
Turn left, jump over the fence and then comes the hard part. Climb up the dumpster, jump across, catch the ledge over the gate.
Done, now it should take them a few minutes to find me and get around the security lock. And my motorcycle is just where I left it, sweet. I'm sure I'll have some more lovely meetings with law officers but today's pleasant encounter is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment